Monday, June 19, 2017

A Foodie's Guide to Travelling Without Moving

Food and Travelling are a few of my favorite things especially being in NYC.... find every piece of culture in a cuisine without the cost of a passport & plane ticket. Here my thoughts of my favorite places to go...



Madiba: My friends and I came across this South African restaurant in Brooklyn. It's not exactly my motherland but it's nice to find a piece of Africa in the Fort Greene neighborhood. It's decorated with so many amazing photos tributing influential people including their respected president Nelson Mandela. It gives off an eclectic vibe and respect for American pop culture Michael Jackson. I also found a piece of my heritage: Nigerian music artist Fela Kuti. My favorite dish: The salmon burger with chips with sangria (below).

Nelson Mandela: the "father" of South Africa 

Salmon Burger w/ Chips


Dokebi Bar & Grill: My favorite Korean restaurant in Williamsburg.. (pic): spicy chicken taco

BBQ Spicy Korean Chicken Taco 


Tertulia: Not only does the spot in West Village takes me to Spain but it sends me back with the Beat Generation era with Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsgberg, and so many Beat writers (ripping out a page out of Jack Kerouac's "On the Road". With a just piece of Spain, Asturias -- Seamus Mullen-- Spanish wines-- cider- pan con tomatoes, pimientos and so much more.


L'Antagoniste: I love to think of the michelin French restaurant as "the Paris in Bedstuy". Love that this place is just around my neighborhood and can cater to my Francophilia as well as my appetite. Delicious french cuisine including their escargot, charcuterie, canard l'orange avec des frites (below) and their deserts.


No comments:

Post a Comment